- Register in IBM web And Download Express-C edition via
timetohide.meproxy web site.
- Download Manuals Books
- Extract v10.5_linuxx64_nlpack.tar.gz to
- Execute db2prereqcheck from
/opt/ibm_db2for determine pre requirements of bd2
- If operating system of server is 64 bit of ubuntu, I recommend to read this link
- After db2prereqcheck matched all dependencies you can run db2install
- After installation has been done, the
/opt/ibm/directory and it`s child directories will be created
- Then you can run db2setup to install db2 and you can flow instructions in BD2InstallingServers-db2ise1051.pdf page 125
- After setup successfully done, user db2inst1 has been created.
- In terminal login this user using command
sudo su db2inst1
- Start the database manager by entering the db2start command.
- Enter the db2sampl command to create the SAMPLE database. This command can take a few minutes to process. There is no completion message; when the command prompt returns, the process is complete.The SAMPLE database is automatically cataloged with the database alias SAMPLE when it is created.
- In terminal execute
db2and then enter the following
connect to sample select * from staff where dept = 20 connect reset
- This database management system, stores data on file and database restart will not affect on data storage.